Yesterday I ran a 5k. A real live 5k!! It came with a program called Girls on the Run. It was for girls age 8-11. I'm 8 years old, so it was perfect. First we got water bottles and T-shirts. We learned lessons every week on; what to do when you're angry, to think positive thoughts about yourself and others, being kind and doing service to others, and lots more things. Soon we got to get a running buddy to run the race with us. Mine was my aunt Becca. When we signed them up, we got some colorful socks (I'm not wearing them in the pictures). Then we ran a practice 5k, to help us get ready for the race. Our team name was, The Pink Cheetahs. Then we got to pick something to wear at the race. We chose black tutus and colorful socks (different ones). Then it was time to run the race. We drove to the place and got a race day T- shirt. We painted our faces, did our hair, and stretched. Then it was time to run. It was a very hard race with a lot of hills. But, I made it. It was very fun to do that program. Here are some pictures.
 |
| Jumping!! |
 |
| My best friend Millie and me. |
 |
| High fives! |
 |
| This is my running outfit. Beautiful! |
 |
| Running the race! (with red hair) |
When I first heard about the program I thought, no way--Sage can't run a 5K. She's only 8, and I just ran my first 5K when I was 30! But you DID IT, Sage! I am so proud of you. Do you want to run another 5K this summer? Maybe Becca can always be both of our running buddies!
ReplyDeleteGo Sage! You and Becca are superstar runners! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI have never even done a 5k! I am so proud of you for doing such a hard thing. WOW!! Also, sweet running outfit and hair. Great job. Maybe sometime if I try really hard I can do one too. Maybe Cindy could do this program when she turns 8. PS. I love when you write on your blog! More posts!
ReplyDeleteWooo Whoooooo!!! You did it! I can't believe you are being a track star and you are only 8! Way to go. And it looks like you and Becca had such fun achieving such an ambitious goal. Way to go Sage!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!!!! I am so impressed by how hard you worked practicing and actually running the 5K! And you were by far the most beautiful runner in the whole race...and you still would have been, even without the crazy pink socks and tutu! Yay for Sage!
ReplyDeleteExcellent job, Sage. And besides doing awesome at the 5K, this is a very good post. It includes writing, pictures, and something important to you. And the pictures even have captions on them!
ReplyDelete